Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 5 - My Birthday :)

Ninapenda jamaa yangu.  I love my family.

Today is my 24th birthday, and I got to spend it shopping in Kenya. How awesome is that?? It's so cool just to be able to say it.  And though I don't want to admit that I'm homesick already, I did realize that I'm starting to really miss my family back in Texas.  We've been apart for no more than a week, which is nothing in comparison to when I was in college, but I was only an hour and a half, or just a phone call, away.  Separation by an 8 hour time change has made contacting them by phone or video chat really hard, but email just doesn't have the same human aspect.  I know, however, that they are thinking of me as I am thinking of them, and I pray that they let this be a time for God to comfort and minister to them as they make the sacrifice of a daughter and sister they have worked hard to raise into a courageous and loving woman.

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." -Desmond Tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment