Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 4

Ninaitwa Kathy.  (My name is Kathy - in Swahili).  I am a Christian, and a sinner. But I have also been forgiven by a just and loving God.

"We realize that we are saved not just to be forgiven of our sins or to be assured of our eternity in heaven, but we are saved to know God. So we yearn for him. We want him so much that we abandon everything else to experience him.  This is the only proper response to the revelation of God in the gospel." -Radical, David Platt

How do I describe the feeling of obedience to God? I definitely am not always obedient, but I know that his free gift of grace saves me from having to do it on my own, and God loves me as much when I stumble as much as when I am progressing toward him.  But the point is that his forgiveness, bought on the cross by the blood of the only perfect human to walk the earth, makes me want to try, try again to know him, grow closer to him, and abide in his love.  I struggle to hate the things of the world, but God is helping me take every moment and every sinful thought as it comes.

Ni vizuri kukujua. (Nice to meet you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment